CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Today was D-Day

It's official! I'm a divorced, single mom. It's alittle intimidating to stand in front of a judge to declare that you no longer love a man that you vowed to stick with for better or worse. To think 7 years ago I promised to remain married to this man until the day one of us died, and now I'm breaking that promise. If you really think about it I was already dead inside.

Everyone keeps asking what I'm feeling. I don't know how to explain it. I'm feeling excited, sad, happy, reflective, scared, etc. I have my kids, my family, and, believe it or not, I have a man in my life that I'm completely in love with. Things would be different if I were alone or if I came home to an empty house. If I didn't have anybody in my life then I'm sure it would have been a depressing day. But that isn't the case.

Despite all the emotions, I feel like this is the right decision.

0 comments: