CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Spead your wings

My Mom and I are very close; I will proudly admit that she is my best friend. When I left Jimmy she opened her house to us for however long we needed to be there. No time limits were set and if it was up to her then we would live there until the boys graduated college. It is with mixed emotion that I am choosing to leave and move in with Chase. She has been my support system, my confidant, my friend, my shoulder to cry on and I’m going to miss that. Sure, she will still be there when I need her (like any mom would) but it’s going to be different.

So, when I got this email from her this afternoon I cried.

Mom: Are you going to Chase’s tonight?? Or I guess I should say “home”
Me: Yes, I’m going to Chase’s tonight. Awwwww, that makes me sad that you say “home” like that.
Mom: Me too but we can’t keep calling it Chase’s forever. And once again I have to let you leave the nest spread your wings and fly.

0 comments: