CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Update on Bad Dreams - Question & Answer

There have been multiple questions sent to me through email about my latest blog. I’ve decided to post some of the questions asked personally and answer them.

Question: Did you tell your parents what happened?
Answer: No. They never found out and I never mentioned it to either of them.

Question: Why didn’t you tell your parents?
Answer: This is a hard question to answer. I didn’t tell them because I felt that they would have blamed me for putting myself in that situation. I still feel that way. Somehow, someway, it would be my fault.

Question: Did you tell anyone at all? Friends, Family, Therapist, Your ex-husband, Chase, etc.?
Answer: No. When I was married to Jimmy there would be times that I would wake up screaming. I still never told him what happened and just brushed it aside as nothing important. But now my grandmother knows and I’m sure Chase will find out once he reads this.

Question: Did you see or talk to him after that day?
Answer: I did not speak to him, but I did see him almost daily until he moved. I saw him once at the mall years later. As soon as I saw him, I ducked into a store pretending to look at a clothes rack. I cried like a baby while the sales lady stared at me.

Question: Do you have intimate issues because of this?
Answer: Of coarse. I won’t go into detail for your sake and mine.

Question: Why did you write this on a public blog for anyone to read?
Answer: Why not? Writing is a form of therapy for me; it’s not for anyone else. I shouldn’t be ashamed of what happened….it’s been long enough.

3 comments:

Happy2bme said...

Can't worry about what others think. We all post for different reasons. Sometimes its hard to talk with family and friends face to face about these type of situations. Maybe someday you will be able to sit down with a family member or friend and try to somewhat get passed these emotions.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Melissa - I have sent you a link to an on line support group. I am glad you posted about this to your blog and I'm thinking it will be even more helpful to talk to others who have been in your same shoes. You know intellectually, in your head, that you were no way at fault. When you know emotionally, in your heart, the same thing, you will be on your way to recovery. I love you, I'm so sorry you had to endure that all alone at such a young age. I understand why you didn't tell any of us back then but I think we need to talk about it now. Gramma Joyce

Anonymous said...

I know this is old, and I'm just now reading it... I'm surprised you never told your mom. Do you think you'll ever tell her?