CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Moving on

Today I helped my cousin pack her belongings and leave her husband. She has been toying with the idea for quite some time and finally made the decision to leave. She hired a lawyer and is preparing documents for a divorce. Her only reason for staying was because of their daughter. Not because she loved her husband, wanted to work things out, or felt guilty about leaving him. It was purely the guilt of her daughter not have a mother and father in the same house.

Is that really a life to live? Is that really what is best for her daughter? To see her mom and dad fight constantly. To see the unhappiness between them instead of love. Doesn't she deserve a happy mom and a happy home? Is divorce or seperation really going to mess her up for the rest of her life?

It's hard not to give my 2 cents because I don't want to force her into a decision she isn't ready to make. I had to make that decision on my own and for some reason it was quite easy. I'm not saying the road to divorce was easy (because it was the hardest thing I've had to do), but the actual decision was easy for me.

For now, I'm standing by whatever decision she makes. Whether it is to go through the divorce or go back to her husband. Do I want to see her go back? NO! But she is family and one of my best friends. All I want is her to happy.

0 comments: