CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

"Come to Daddy's house?"

The kids are with Jimmy this week for Spring Break. You would think I would be excited to have the house to myself for the entire week, but instead I'm a little sad. The house is too quiet and I miss them running around.

Last night I called the kids to make sure they were ok. My little Jacob gets on the phone and says, "You come to daddy's house so we can play?" I'm trying to find an explanation while trying not to cry. My response to him was, "No buddy. You go to daddy's house and play with daddy. We will play when you get back home." He gave alittle whine and asked again.

It tore my heart out.

1 comments:

Happy2bme said...

I know exactly how you feel. For me, I always look forward to the break every other weekend but when its here I wish for my son to be home. Unlike you though, I haven't really started dating. So I have a lot of alone time. I always try to keep myself busy when my Son is with his Father to make time go by faster. I never thought I would ever be a single Mom but here I am. BTW,your blog caught my eye because most of the ones I read everybody is married and a SAHM; neither of which is me. Take Care, Katie