CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Motherhood

Motherhood is tough. If anyone says it’s easy; they’re lying! It’s a never ending cycle of breaking up fights, laundry, cooking, cleaning, whining, crying, wiping butts, kissing boo-boos, watching SpongeBob for the 50 millionth time, etc. If you are lucky, you receive the precious gift of just a moment of sanity. This morning was the gift I have been waiting for.

The boys came home after Jimmy’s visitation weekend. In just a matter of days it seems as though they have grown inches. They were timid at first and not wanting to talk to me. That’s normal for both of them and I’m starting to get over it (it hurt a lot those first couple of months when they came home). All I wanted to do was have them in the same room with me.

This morning on my way into work, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of them. I was the crazy lady who couldn’t drive on the freeway because she wasn’t paying attention. Sorry to all those drivers out there who cussed and threw the bird at me. Anyway, this morning I looked at those two boys and realized that they are my heart, my soul, my everything.

Motherhood is tough, but it’s worth every single non-sanity minute.

1 comments:

Happy2bme said...

Like the saying goes..."Absence makes the heart grow fonder". I have the same feelings sometimes when my little guys come home from being with his for the weekend.