CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

How do you earn respect? Do you give respect to others even when they don't deserve it? Do you respect your elders or supervisors only because of their status or position?

Plain and simple, I'm having problems at work. The supervisor is a heavy micro-manager and it's driving me insane. Instead of trusting his employees to do the right thing, he insists on spying on them (through the computer or simply standing behind you for hours at a time). I know what needs to be done and complete it within the schedule and assure you that nobody needs to watch me work.

Honestly, I believe he singles me out of the group because I've been the ONLY one to step up to him. He is on the border line of harassment at times and uses intimidation tactics to get what he wants. I don't respect him. He lost that "priveledge" a long time ago.

Today I was told that I needed to respect him and I'm having major issues with that word. Shouldn't you earn respect (or give respect to others) in order to receive respect in return?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You just have to do what he says. That's not respect. You can't force yourself to respect anyone. Respect is deeper than obedience; and people DO have to earn it!