CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 29, 2007

My first date?

Yes, I had a date today. Are you shocked?

A friend of mine set me up on a personals website (which I had no clue about until I started getting emails). I decided to answer one or two emails and I actually really liked one guy in particular. After a week of talking, we decided to meet when the kids were gone for the weekend. This morning I went to church and had an intense feeling that I needed to just call him and ask to meet for lunch. He suggested a kid-friendly place so the kids wouldn't be bored.

I was nervous! I can't describe how nervous I was. We met outside and I knew from the beginning he wasn't "in to" me. CRUSHING! He gave me one of those half-side hugs the one that says "I'm trying to be nice". The rest of the meal I just couldn't talk. I couldn't look at him. My nerves got the best of me and I wasn't myself (the half hug didn't help either).

I don't know if I can do this again. It has been almost 8 years since I had a date! It was alot easier to do it without kids and I certainly looked alot different. How the hell am I supposed to do this again?

0 comments: