CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Garrett's 1st day of Kindergarten - Morning

Today is Garrett's first day of Kindergarten. He got up at 6 o'clock bouncing and ready to go. I made a special breakfast for him, pancakes, and as he ate he watched me make his lunch. He sat patiently (well as patiently as any 5 year old can) while Jacob and I got ready. He wouldn't let that backpack out of his sight.

Finally, we were ready to leave the house. Backpack and lunch box in hand he bolted out of the door. I begged for a couple of pictures before he got in the car.


We got to "big boy school" and he was so excited. We walked hand and hand through all the other parents and found Ms. Zindler's Kindergarten classroom. He walked right in, sat down (by himself), and started coloring. He did awesome. Jacob was sweet and gave him a hug and said BYE.
As for Mommy, everyone should be extremely proud of me! I didn't cry one time! Ok, I must admit that I choked back some tears. I can't believe my first baby is in school and I know without a doubt he will do fabulous.

1 comments:

Happy2bme said...

I love your new blog page btw.... GORGEOUS!!!

Mine son just started Kindergarten too.

He looks so excited!!