CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Kindergarten bound


We went to Walmart last night and bought Garrett a backpack and lunch box for "big school". He was so excited to pick out his own backpack; his choice was Kung Fu Panda! Today he is dragging it around the house and won't let it out of his sight.


Of coarse, I started crying in the middle of the lunch box aisle. It's happy and sad that Garrett is growing up; very bittersweet. He is my baby and it's weird to think that is school career is beginning. Chase looked at me in the middle of my mini breakdown and rolled his eyes. I guess he just doesn't understand.

Jacob is alittle jealous because he wants a backpack and lunch box too. He keeps saying he wants to go to big school with Garrett. This is the first time that they will be seperated that Jacob can remember. Next year Bubba.....and I will cry then too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually the eye rolling was for what i thought was you looking at the girl lunch kits.

as far as you being emotional about it yeah we are on different levels i guess. i dont see me crying over my big guy growing up, but i am amazed at how quickly he is growing up at the same time.

Happy2bme said...

Mine is starting kindergarten this week. I'm on the fence emotionally. We have a hurricane coming so I think opening day will be delayed. Maybe that is God's way of giving me more time...haha!