CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Update to Garrett's first day

I drove to Garrett's school and waited in the car pool line with 50 million other people. All the Kindergarten car riders were sitting in rows outside. Strangely everyone was super quiet. Garrett had spotted my car well before I got up to the pick up spot. He was jumping up and down, pointing at my car, and noticeably telling one of the teachers that car was for him. It was the cutest thing ever.

He came running to the car and I noticed his shoes were untied. He jumped in the car and was all smiles. He proceeds to tell me he ate at the "cafe" and that he made no friends because he didn't want to talk to anybody. He got to color 2 pictures and visited the library. He received a bookmark and explained how it works. Then he said that he has to follow all the rules, listen to the teacher, and raise his hand.

The happiness in his face made me want to cry (but I didn't)! I can't wait for the rest of the year.

0 comments: