CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Trophies + Salvation = Baseball is OVER!


Yesterday morning was our last tee-ball game. I'm happy that I no longer have to wake up before the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning. Especially to sit on cold, wet, dirty bleachers. The only way to make those bleachers worth sitting on is if they installed heat warmers for my big rear end, hired someone to clean all the dirt off, and had comfy cushions so it felt like I was sitting at home watching a game. Yeah right!

This afternoon they handed out gold plastic trophies to the kiddos. All 3 boys were so excited and weren't in a big hurry to leave. I, on the other hand, couldn't wait to get out of there. Because we went with a church league the trophy cermony had a small devotional at the beginning. No problem. Then they started giving the whole speech on being saved. If you weren't saved, then say this prayer, raise your hand, and we will come talk to you.

My kids are all followers. Especially being 4, almost 5, and 5-1/2, they tend to jump off that bridge with everyone else. It's not that I don't want them to accept Jesus as their personal savior BUT I want them to do it on their own time. Not because the kid next to them raised their hand. We left without anyone professing they prayed for salvation. Amen!

1 comments:

Mom Watch said...

My son only played baseball for the trophy. That and the chance to pick the weeds in the outfield. I can still hear the coach screaming, "Landon--BASEBALL READY!" Congrats on the completed season!