CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A couple lines of BS

Today I took a leap of faith and sent in my resume to another company. I received the standard "Thanks for your application. If we are interested then someone will contact you." email shortly after I hit the submit button. To my surprise, I heard back from someone 30 minutes later asking if I would fill out some questions. This may be standard, but it lifted my spirits.

So began the task of writing positive things about myself; the worst thing someone could ask for. I truly believe I answered all of my questions honestly. As I re-read them now, I feel like this prospective company will read my answers as just a couple of lines of BS.

Q: Reasons for leaving current & past employers:
A: Unfortunately, there is not enough daily work to keep me busy at my current place of employment.

Q: Of all the things you’ve accomplished in your working career, what stands out as most significant?
A: I've developed electronic applications (mostly in Excel and Access) and how-to manuals that are still used today. Even though I'm no longer in that department, it's nice to know that they are still helpful to other employees.

Q: Specifically, how have you contributed to the bottom line at your current/last employer?
A: I may not be in sales or talking directly to customers, but my role is important. I'm in the background, making transactions run smoothly, documents look professional, and providing information to our department. Everyone works together as a team in making a company successful.

Q: What skills do you have that you think would help you succeed in this position?
A: I'm a fast paced, multi-tasker, who enjoys some challenges in her career. I believe I'm a talented individual who is able to think outside of the box in order to come up with new ideas to improve work flow.

Q: Describe your communication style.
A: I'm friendly, straight forward, and sincere. I have an open communication policy pertaining to work. If I don't know the answer, I'll ask.

0 comments: