CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

S T R E S S E D

I’m stressed. Wait, is there a better word that means more than stressed? Frazzled, anxious, tense, emotional, exhausted. I’m feel all this and so much more right now. This entire week has been horrible, and I’m starting to feel the effects.

Last night my dear little Jacob was screaming (playing) in his bed after 11 o’clock. I had already gone into the kid’s room 3 times telling them both to be quiet. When I heard him scream and then giggle, I had had enough. I stormed in there, told him to come into my room, and get into my bed for the night. 30 minutes….count them….30 minutes of non-stop, high pitched crying and screaming because he wanted to go back into his bed. Finally I let him go because I couldn’t stand it anymore.

In turn, I lay in my bed and cried because I felt so inadequate. I’m a bad mother. I don’t follow through with what I say or the punishments I give. My kids are spoiled rotten and have no discipline. These are all comments I’ve heard in the last month from several different people. I’m tired of sticking up for myself.

Even though I’m exhausted, sleep never comes. Honestly, sleep is a luxury that I hardly indulge in anymore. I toss and turn for the majority of the night. 12 am….2 am….3 am…..I finally pass out. Waking up at 5:30 in a zombie like state. The lack of sleep leaves me weepy and edgy.

There are 50 million piles of laundry that are staring me in the face. I can’t walk anywhere in our “living quarters” without stepping on a toy and almost breaking my neck. Tornados Garrett & Jacob have stormed around and left evidence of destruction in their path. The everyday chores have been put on the back burner for too long. I should be doing this when I can’t sleep instead of staring at an empty ceiling.

This is my world, my life, now as I know it; a stressed, emotional, exhausted inadequate mother.

1 comments:

Happy2bme said...

I can totally relate. Sometimes I have a hard time following through with discipline as well. My son knows it and takes advantage of me during those times. For instance, last night I actually stuck to my guns with making him go to bed earlier like I had told him he was going to as his punishment for not listening and acting up. He stormed in his room, got into bed and cried about it but this morning you wouldn't of known he hated me 10 hours earlier. I feel good today because I know that now he knows I mean business. At least for a while that will be my punishment ("Do you want to go to bed early?" when he keeps acting up I add another 15 minutes everytime) to use until it doesn't work anymore. Maybe it will work for you; maybe not. Try it and see. Hang in there. I recommend a very good book called "Life is short-Wear your party pants" by Loretta Laroche for you to buy and read. You might have seen me talk about it on my blog. It truly is a good read and it was very helpful for me. You can get it at Walmart or Target and its not very expensive. I hope today is a better day for you. Have a good weekend.

Katie