CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Clothes shopping with a skinny chick

Today I went shopping with my cousin. My cousin is the total opposite of me; skinny (size 0), blond hair, blue eyed, beautiful, cheerleader, and popular with both men and women. It doesn't matter where we go together, she turns heads! We went to a clothing store that carried nothing over the size of extra small. Seriously, my one leg could fit in a pair of pants (and I doubt even that).

There were probably 10 people working in this store and one person actually made eye contact with me, asked if I needed help, and even offered a dressing room when I was carrying my cousin's clothes. And surprisingly it was a male salesperson who would normally look the other way! The other salespeople would side step me and go directly to my cousin to ask if she needed anything. If I tried to make eye contact they would pretend to fold clothes or if I asked for anything they pretended not to hear me.

It amazes me that people act like this to other human beings and all because I'm a fat chick who couldn't even think about wearing their name brand clothes. It's sad. It made me sad because I felt like I wasn't even worth anything.

0 comments: