CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 7 - Saturday

It's been one full week since Ike has hit and nothing has changed other than the weather. The cold front is drifting off which is making us all more miserable.

We are getting ready to celebrate my Grandmother's 70th birthday. It is a surprise party and it will certainly be a surprise for her and us. We haven't seen my Mom's side of the family in over 7 years. Would you call it bad blood between us? I'm not sure. I've had anxiety about seeing everyone today; it's even affecting my dreams. My grandmother walks into the room, notices us, and tells us to get the hell out.

I'll admit that I'm bitter. She has 3 great grandchildren who she refuses to meet. With both children I received a phone call while I was in the hospital. She asked for my address and phone number so she could send a card. That card never came. Whatever she has against us, shouldn't be used against my children. My brother and his daughter are in the same boat (other than the fact she didn't even know he had a daughter until a couple of months ago). Tonight will be the first time that she meets my boys and my neice.

I'm hoping that we come back to a house full of lights. My fingers, toes, and eyes are all crossed.

0 comments: