CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Days 9 - 13 Combined

We finally got power back on day 13 (Thursday afternoon) almost a full 2 weeks without power. I did not ride it through the entire two weeks at home though. By Monday I was driving to my parent's, who had lights and A/C. It's amazing that when you are accustomed to no A/C how cold everything seems to be. I froze my butt off!

Once we made it to my parent's house things didn't seem as horrible anymore. That's why I combined the remainder of the days. People in Houston still do not have power (including Chase's parents). Centerpointe seems to be moving fast in reconnecting service, but not fast enough.

I made homemade cookies for the neighbors before I left. They were delicious. Hopefully, the neighbors think so too. They really helped out through this time and I can't say thank you enough. People hardly get to know their neighbors because of privacy issues or fear, but I'm grateful that we got to know what wonderful people they are.

Now is the task of cleaning up the house. We had mold grow on things that I thought couldn't grow mold. The house itself stinks. I feel like scrubbing everything down with bleach. I was happy to run the dishwasher this morning and to start the laundry. Can you believe I missed cleaning? Things are on there way back to normalcy. I can't wait!

0 comments: